Clear · 72°

Military Records


The Iowa DOT released an announcement that Iowa Mobile ID is available in the Apple Store and Google Play. The app allows residents to keep a digital version of their Iowa-issued driver’s license or ID on their smartphone.

For Vital Records and Notary purposes, the physical driver's license is still required. Per instructions from the Iowa Department of Health and Human Services the Cedar County Recorder's Office will not be accepting any Iowa Mobile ID's presented to our office


Request certified military discharge papers from Cedar County.

To request a certified copy of military discharge papers (DD-214), please fill out an application. If ordering by mail, please include a copy of your photo ID.


Press Release: Third-Parties Charging for Military Records