Cedar County Courthouse
400 Cedar St · Second Floor
Tipton, IA 52772
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
The County Attorney DOES
- Prosecute violations of the laws of the State of Iowa, and of County Ordinances.
- Serve as the legal advisor for Cedar County
- Prosecute all violations of state criminal laws and County ordinances.
- Provide legal advice to the Board of Supervisors, township officers concerning County matters.
- Represent and defend the State, County and its officers in officially related cases.
- Recover all monies (debts, fines, penalties, etc) owing to the State or County.
- Present all mental health commitment proceedings and all juvenile delinquency and child in need of assistance cases.
- The County Attorney's duties set by the Iowa Code
The County Attorney DOES NOT
- Give legal advice to or represent private groups or persons.
- File lawsuits for private persons or defend them against lawsuits, including actions for dissolution of marriage.
- Prepare wills, deeds or other legal documents for private individuals.
- Adam Blank, County Attorney
- Derek Jones, Assistant County Attorney
- Shelley Winekauf, Legal Assistant
- Racheal Lilienthal, Secretary