Driver's License Reinstatement Program
A CAPP is set up to maximize the potential for an individual to succeed at paying off their fines. Payment plans are worked out between the offender and collection staff. The offender must make their payments on time and in full, and maintain insurance on their vehicle at all times while on the program.
Driver's License Reinstatement Program Eligibility
Applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify for the Driver's License Reinstatement Program (CAPP):
- If you do not have any unpaid traffic cases in Cedar County, Iowa you will NOT be eligible for our CAPP. You must contact the county where the traffic case(s) occurred.
- If you owe a civil penalty to the Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) that civil penalty must be PAID IN FULL before you would be eligible for this program. To determine if you owe a civil penalty please contact the DOT at 1-800-532-1121.
- If all you are seeking is a Temporary Restricted License (TRL) commonly known as a “work permit” you need to contact the DOT at 1-800-532-1121.
- You will not qualify for the CAPP unless at least one traffic case is 30 days or more from the sentencing (disposition) date. This does not include dismissed traffic case(s). Applying early will result in a denial into the program and delay the processing of your next application.
- You will not qualify for a CAPP if your license is suspended due to delinquent Child Support.
- Any DOT Civil and/or Small Claims judgments, as a result of an auto accident, must be satisfied before being accepted into the program.
- If any “Out of State” fines are holding up your driver’s license, they cannot be added to the payment plan.
- The applicant will be REQUIRED to obtain and maintain financial liability coverage (Automobile Insurance). If you do not own a vehicle you will be required to purchase and maintain a Non-Owner’s Insurance Policy. Proof of Insurance must be presented at the time of acceptance into the program.
- The applicant may be required to make a down payment at the time of admittance into a CAPP.
- The processing time for acceptance or rejection into the Cedar County Attorney’s Office License Reinstatement Program may take up to two (2) weeks. Once a decision has been made, we will notify you either by U.S. mail or email at the email you provided us on your application.
- Additional requirements may be required. For more information, please contact:
Cedar County Attorney’s Office
Driver's License Reinstatement Plan
400 Cedar St.
Tipton, IA 52772
If you meet all of these qualifications, you may qualify for the License Reinstatement Program. To apply, please fill out this form through the Cedar County Attorney's Office website.