In a reassessment year a property owner may protest an assessment based on your property's actual value on the assessment date of January 1st for one or more of the following reasons:
- The assessment is not comparable to others with similar properties.
- The property is assessed for more than than the value authorized by law.
- The property is exempt from taxation.
- There is an error in the assessment.
- The assessment is fraudulent.
Property owners can request an informal review with the County Assessor from April 2nd - April 25th. If property owners reach an agreement with the Assessor during the informal review, they can avoid filing a protest with the Board of Review.